Distribution Center Supervisor
GIANTNERD is designed to be the web’s best social shopping community, where salesmanship and vanity are replaced by information and trust. Giantnerd is a place where the outdoor enthusiast can utilize cutting-edge social technology to make smart, educated purchases. It’s a transparent environment where users can share products, opinions, and ideas; and they can do it among like-minded consumers who are essential to a positive social shopping experience.
Giantnerd is Headquartered in Boulder Colorado and sets out to be the webs best social shopping application. (the facebook of eccomerce)
Position: Distribution Center Supervisor
Location: Boulder, CO
GIANTNERD.com headquartered in Boulder, CO is a cutting edge social commerce outdoor retailer. We are Powered by Love and driven by a customer centric approach. We have an industry leading 365 day return policy.
Giantnerd is hiring a number of positions for its fast growing ecommerce website. We only hire A players.
Distribution Center Supervisor: You will be immersed in a fast paced work environment promoting the values and philosophies of Giantnerd.com. You will be challenged daily to the highest standards and be accountable for managing the warehouse and its staff. Our company mission is based on a solid infrastructure which stems from timely and accurate fulfillment. This entails hard work, constant change and analysis, ownership and accountability, leadership, and most importantly ensuring the customer is always satisfied. You will be responsible for managing 3-5 hourly employees and shipping less than 100 packages per day.
Giantnerd is designed to be the web’s best social shopping community, where salesmanship and vanity are replaced by information and trust. Giantnerd is a place where the outdoor enthusiast can utilize cutting-edge social technology to make smart, educated purchases. It’s a transparent environment where users can share products, opinions, and ideas; and they can do it among like-minded consumers who are essential to a positive social shopping experience.
Giantnerd® prides itself on group of passionate, diverse, caring team members. Our ability to cover a broad service range creates a rich environment rooted in opportunity. Maintaining such an atmosphere requires a unique and powerful set of core values, bringing the entire organization—employees and customers alike—together. Giantnerd’s® core values allow for cooperative progress, both in company culture and in user experience. Giantnerd® core values include the following:
- Giantnerd Is Powered By Love™
- Innovation and Measurement Breeds Improvement
- Positivity Is Our Lifeblood
- Open, Honest, Communication Is Vital
- Our Size Is Our Advantage
- We Control Our Own Destiny
- We’re Part Of The Fun
- We Are Explorers
- We Are Perpetual Learners
- Relentlessly Cut Waste and Inefficiencies
- Fast and Effective Is Sometimes Preferable to Perfection
- Be Passionate and Determined
- Focus is Required: We Call It Focused Passion
- Vision Makes It All Possible
Take pride in Giantnerd®. What you’re a part of is different from other businesses, because what you’re doing here will help define the landscapes of outdoor sports, and social shopping alike. This is the way things will be done from here on out; and for you to be a part of it will shape your abilities—and your passions.
- Positive, Can Do attitude and the ability handle pressure and resolve issues
- Accountable for managing hourly warehouse staff (3-5 people including picker, packer, bicycle assemblers)
- Self motivated, able to work independently, and make positive changes in order to ensure efficiency, organization and 100% Fulfillment accuracy
- Accountable for maintaining accurate inventory (weekly and quarterly cycle counts)
- Responsible for managing the receipt and fulfillment of all inventory shipping less than 100 packages daily
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, design and execute management plans
- Work directly with customer service team to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Proactive, resourceful, organized; works well with minimal supervision
- Organizing and automating warehouse and operational procedures on a scalable level to facilitate growth
- Work with vendors and shipping companies to handle warranty and damage claims in efficient manner
- Ensure Giantnerd is the preeminent outdoor customer oriented company
- Minimum 3-5 Years warehouse experience required in a supervisory role. Retail outdoor company and ecommerce a plus
- Experience training, managing, and accountability for a warehouse department a plus
- Extensive knowledge of bicycle components and compatibility and outdoor products
- Applicant must be computer literate and familiar with Office-type applications (email, web browser, word processor):
- Organized, reliable, and detail oriented
- Great with people
- Patient, composed, Positive and Fun can do attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate cycling and outdoor enthusiast who wants to share this enthusiasm with our customers during the week and then pursue outdoor adventure activities on the weekends.
- We offer exceptional compensation packages including:
- Health Insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Exceptional employee discount
- Staff Gear Closet Full of Demo Equipment
- Complete holiday and vacation package
- Competitive compensation based on skill level and experience
- Opportunity to make great ideas come to life!
Submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Distribution Center Supervisor
Location: Boulder. CO